Located inside the Bay of Tamarindo in the canton of Santa Cruz, in the districts of Cabo Velas and Tamarindo.
The Las Baulas National Marine Park is one of the most important nesting sites for the Baula or Laud sea turtle (Dermochelys Coriacea) in the country, as well as other sea turtles.
This park protects several wetlands, among which is the Tamarindo estuary, which is a Ramsar site and hills of biological importance where you can see various quantities of birds, mollusks, crustaceans, fish and extensive flora of the Costa Rican dry forest, in addition to its extensive beach It presents a unique scenic beauty in the area, especially for surfers.
Volunteers can participate in activities such as: management and conservation of resources in the reserve related to:
- Maintenance of facilities and green areas.
- beach cleanup campaigns.
- tourism, attention, control and orientation of visitors.
- Collaboration in investigations, monitoring and surveillance in projects.
- Development of educational material and dissemination.
- waste collection and separation.